Lego isn’t just undergoing a revival, it’s a born-again cult in the making. But they haven’t changed, it’s the same old stuff, there’s no whiz-bang technology, right? Lego is doing three things brilliantly. Connecting emotionally with their audience, re-establishing relevance, and selling their fundamental proposition – the power of joyful imagination. Here’s how:
1. They are relevant: Lego business cards…
2. They are brave: LegoFesto Exhibition featuring the death of a G20 protestor, Abu Ghraib, Waterboarding
3. They take being child-ish seriously:
4. They respect their elders: New Frank Lloyd Wright Collection
6. They find the child in every adult:
7. They don’t rest on their laurels: New Lego Mindstorm Series (about to be released):
8. They let pop culture speak through the brand:
9. They live the fun-damental promise of the product:
10. They are a call to action: Play!
In short, they leave us wanting to see what they will do next. What could be more appropriate?
Reading Time: 1 minutes