Having spent two decades serving the biggest brands – working at many of the world’s best advertising agencies – Simon offers exceptional insight and vision on the subjects of branding, advertising, creativity and social media. Yet he also brings over twenty years of performance experience (in television, film and on stage) to his speaking engagements. His unique combination of improvisational spontaneity and disarming humor with a seriousness of purpose and keen insight into the global considerations at play in advertising today, ensure each speaking event is a genuine “engagement”.
Simon’s experience includes film (Loser’s Lounge, directed by Janine Kijner), television (Karen Sisco, ABC), stage (King Lear, directed by Patsy Rodenburg), voice work (three seasons of Lost, Brothers and Sisters, Monk and Alias) and over fifty national commercials. For three years he trained with New York’s top acting coach, Larry Moss, and with one of the world’s leading voice and speech coaches, Patsy Rodenburg, of the National Theater, London.
- Cannes Advertising Festival (France) / ‘Social Media: Make or break lessons in today’s most powerful instrument of change’
- #140 Conference Meet-up (Los Angeles) / ‘Timeless Truths for the Real-Time Web’
- YPO/EO Conference (Chicago) / ‘Building Brands through Social Media’
- Gucci Global Conference (Miami) / ‘Embracing Uncertainty’
- Connect Now Conference (Sydney) / ‘How Non-Profits Think Like For Profits’
- Los Angeles Founder’s Institute (Los Angeles) / ‘Naming and Branding’
- Univ. of Oregon, Richard Ward Executive-in-Residence & Keynote (Oregon) / ‘You and the Future of Advertising’
- METal International, (Los Angeles) / ‘Building a Brand Through Social Media’
- WireDrive & Blog Out Loud (Los Angeles) / ‘The Advertising Industry and Social Media’
- Mexican AMAP Conference (Acapulco) / ‘What the Best Brands Know and How to Use It’
- Motorola Global Summit (Los Angeles) / ‘Global Branding’
- Mexican AMAP Conference (Mexico City) / ‘Brand Nike’
- Australian Newspaper Advertising Awards (Australia) / ‘What Makes Great Advertising’